House DFL Budget Targets
On Tuesday (March 23), House DFL leaders released the framework and targets for their budget proposal. The House DFL budget priorities include significant increases in funding for E-12 education and childcare; support for those who have been most impacted by COVID-19: students, families, and small businesses; and investments to improve economic security, including paid family leave, earned sick and safe time, affordable housing, and worker protection and support.
House DFL Committee Targets:
- Education: $20.810 billion. $721.7 million increase from base.
- Early Childhood: $715.785 million. $50 million increase from base.
- Higher Education: $3.526 billion. $120 million increase from base.
- Housing: $145.596 million. $30 million increase from base.
- Workforce & Business Development: $285.322 million. $56.992 million increase from base.